Civil Engineer – Water / Wastewater Expert
- Posted by Adam Taub
- On August 16, 2021
- 0 Comments
Employment Type: Full-Time
Benefits Offered: Medical, 401K, Life, Dental, Vision
We are looking for a Civil Engineer – Water/Wastewater Expert. Are you looking for a place where you can learn and have autonomy while working with a great group of people? Roberts Engineering Group, LLC is in need of a Civil Engineer – Water/Wastewater Expert to join our Municipal and/or Land Development Engineering teams.
We are an award-winning company, with state-of-the-art facilities and a wide variety of work that will have you intrigued and experiencing new things. Roberts Engineering Group, LLC has designed cricket pitches, athletic fields, parks, water treatment plants, wastewater treatment plants, new and innovative green stormwater design, stormwater collection improvements, utility lines, roadways, streetscapes, and residential and commercial land development projects. We represent multiple municipalities in Central, Southern, and Northern New Jersey. We are experts in municipal engineering, septic, and land development. If you are looking for a change, with the chance to learn and create your own future, please contact us!
The chosen candidate will:
- Serve as project manager and design for municipal projects in New Jersey.
- Develop design drawings and specification packages of design according to proposal specifications including water and wastewater.
- Directly manage all aspects of the project including the design, surveying, permitting, implementation, construction, scheduling, etc.
- Interface and develop a rapport and positive relationship with clients, co-workers, contractors, suppliers, government officials, and regulatory agencies.
- Manage and help prepare Project Budgets and Cost Control on both the project level and company level.
- Negotiate and communicate with clients, regulatory agencies, and staff.
Necessary skills include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil and/or Environmental Engineering or related field. PE certification is desired, but not required.
- More than 7 years of experience in Civil Engineering services working with municipalities and county programs in the NY/NJ/PA region.
- Direct, hands-on, recent experience with AutoCAD software, preferred but not required.
- Background as a project manager/project designer with a small to mid-sized consulting/engineering firm.
- Project experience in municipal engineering, water, and wastewater treatment, etc.
- Practical knowledge and experience with local public contracts law, permitting, and the advertising/bid process of proposals and grants related to municipal development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; proven experience with client/contractor management, ability to mitigate issues as they arise, and develop win-win solutions.
- Deadline-oriented, organized, and easy-going professional who is comfortable being an agile, hands-on generalist in an entrepreneurial, busy business.