Field Land Surveyor / Survey Party Chief
- Posted by Adam Taub
- On August 16, 2021
- 0 Comments
Employment Type: Full-Time
Benefits Offered: Medical, 401K, Life, Dental, Vision
We are looking for a Field Land Surveyor/Survey Party Chief. Are you looking for a place where you can learn and have autonomy while working with a great group of people? Roberts Engineering Group, LLC is in need of a Field Land Surveyor/Survey Party Chief to join our Municipal and/or Land Development Engineering teams.
We are an award-winning company, with state-of-the-art facilities and a wide variety of work that will have you intrigued and experiencing new things. Roberts Engineering Group, LLC has designed cricket pitches, athletic fields, parks, water treatment plants, wastewater treatment plants, new and innovative green stormwater design, stormwater collection improvements, utility lines, roadways, streetscapes, and residential and commercial land development projects. We represent multiple municipalities in Central, Southern, and Northern New Jersey. We are experts in municipal engineering, septic, and land development. If you are looking for a change, with the chance to learn and create your own future, please contact us!
The chosen candidate will:
- Work on a variety of route or roadway surveys, infrastructure, and asset management surveys, small and large topographical and boundary surveys, elevation certificates, residential “title surveys,” property corners, construction layouts, and as-built surveys, as well as a wide variety of other types of survey work.
- Work on a variety of public and private contracts.
- Be able to work in all outdoor conditions: heat, cold, rain, etc.
- Work independently and within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Have excellent communication and note-taking abilities.
- Be expected to grow professionally within the organization.
- Work directly with licensed professionals.
Necessary skills include:
- NJPLS License desired, but not required.
- Experience working as a one-person crew with Topcon robotic total station, GPS equipment, and data collectors with Survey Pro Software.
- Although not required, construction inspection and AutoCAD drafting experience is a plus.
- Have in-depth knowledge of equipment, data collection, and basic survey calculations.
- Have a valid, clean driver’s license.
- Ability to work independently and within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The candidate must have the ability to interact in a professional manner with clients and sub-consultants.
- Deadline-orientated, organized, and easy-going professional who is comfortable being an agile, hands-on generalist in an entrepreneurial, busy business.